Sunday, February 4, 2007

"thorns or no thorns"

On my 22nd birthday, Miss Emily bought me these beautiful tulips. Adorable, simply adorable. I really enjoy flowers with large round bulbs, such as incurved chrysanthemums, peonies, hydrangeas, and some types of dahlias. I also dislike flowers with thorns, such as roses. Couple my dislike of roses with my dislike of chocolate, and you get an atypical example of the female species.

I suppose that I really am stranger than the norm. Compliments about myself make me nervous and distrustful. If someone tried to get close to me, I tend to deflect it. I consider myself fairly good at reading emotional responses, so I've been able to defend against emotional attachment easily.

Last night, I found myself liking someone more than I thought I would have. It's a little unsettling but if I reason that if I ignore it, it will go away.

No comments: