Saturday, February 3, 2007

"peach buns"

Peaches are a symbol of longevity despite their short lifespan after being plucked. This makes them a perennial favorite as the shape of Chinese new year buns. I'm personally fond of the fuzz on the surface of a peach; It reminds me of the cute fuzzy cheeks on little babes. Who doesn't want to eat a bun that looks so gentle and pretty?

I've been missing home as of late for the past semester. I miss having someone to remind me to eat dinner at a reasonable time, or saying 'hello' to two enormous trees on Millbrook every time I drive home. Most of this probably stems from the fact that my roommate has been serious about her new boyfriend and never home. I haven't seen her sleep in her bed since early September. There's something sad about coming home to an empty apartment that I can't quite figure out. I always thought that I could easily live a life single and alone, but perhaps I'm not as schizoid as I claim to be. This realization has a manifold of implication, chief amongst them is the fact that I can't be alone. Or more exactly, I don't like to be alone.

...or that I'm just lonely.

No comments: